Cat Quotes Page 17
- "Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good many ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia." - Joseph Wood Krutch
- "No heaven will not ever be Heaven be; Unless my cats are there to welcome me." - Unknown
- "Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God." - Jeff Valdez
- "Is it true cats wont stay in a house when it's haunted?" - Jeff Valdez
- "Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." - Bruce Graham
- "The last thing I would accuse a cat of is innocence." - Edward Paley
- "Nothing's more playful than a young cat, nor more grave than an old one." - Thomas Fuller
- "Some cats are blind and stone deaf but ain't no cat wuz ever dumb." - Anthony Henderson Euwer
- "If a fish is the movement of water embodied, given shape, then a cat is a diagram and pattern of subtle air." - Doris Lessing
- "God made the cat in order to give man the pleasure of caressing the tiger." - Unknown
- Dogs have owners, cats have staff." - Unknown
- "Way down deep, we're all motivated by the same urges. Cats have the courage to live by them." - Jim Davis
- I put down my book, The Meaning of Zen,
and see the cat smiling into her fur as she
delicately combs it with her rough pink tongue.
"Cat, I would lend you this book to study
but it appears you have already read it."
She looks up and gives me her full gaze.
"Don't be ridiculous" she purrs, "I wrote it." - From "Miao" by Dilys Laing
- When God made the world, He chose to put animals in it, and decided to give each whatever it wanted. All the animals formed a long line before His throne, and the cat quietly went to the end of the line. To the elephant and the bear He gave strength, to the rabbit and the deer, swiftness; to the owl, the ability to see at night, to the birds and the butterflies, great beauty; to the fox, cunning; to the monkey, intelligence; to the dog, loyalty; to the lion, courage; to the otter, playfulness. And all these were things the animals begged of God. At last he came to the end of the line, and there sat the little cat, waiting patiently. "What will YOU have?" God asked the cat.
The cat shrugged modestly. "Oh, whatever scraps you have left over. I don't mind."
"But I'm God. I have everything left over."
"Then I'll have a little of everything, please."
And God gave a great shout of laughter at the cleverness of this small animal, and gave the cat everything she asked for, adding grace and elegance and, only for her, a gentle purr that would always attract humans and assure her a warm and comfortable home.
But he took away her false modesty.
- Lenore Fleischer - The Cat's Pajamas
- "I am as vigilant as a cat to steal cream." - William Shakespeare, Henry IV
- "Most of us rather like our cats to have a streak of wickedness. I should not feel quite easy in the company of any cat that walked about the house with a saintly expression" - Beverly Nichols
- "An ordinary kitten will ask more questions than any five-year-old boy." - Carl Van Vechten
Cat Quotes Page 18
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.