- "Honest as the Cat when the meat's out of reach." - Old English saying
- "A cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world." - Irish Legend
- "Cat's motto: No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it look like the dog did it." - Unknown
- "When the cat's away, the mice will play" - Folk Saying
- The cat is mighty dignified until the dog comes by. - Southern Folk Saying
- "Whenever the cat of the house is black, the lasses of lovers will have no lack" - Folk Saying
- "Who would believe such pleasure from a wee ball o' fur?" - Irish Saying
- "A cat is a lion in a jungle of small bushes." - Indian Saying
- Touch not a Cat but a glove.
- What can you have of a Cat but her skin?
- When the Cat's away the mice will play.
- Cat and Fiddle.
- Cat and Kittens.
- Cat and Mouse Act.
- To play cat and mouse.
- In Ireland, if something is funny we say: "It would make a cat laugh."
- Let the Cat out of the Bag
- Put (or set) the Cat among the Pigeons (British Informal)
- Rain Cats and Dogs
- The Cat's Pyjamas (or Whiskers)
- Fat Cat
- Look what the Cat dragged in
- Curiosity killed the Cat
- Nervous as a Cat in a room full of rocking chairs
- Like a Cat on a hot tin roof
- Cat got your tongue
- Not enough room to swing a Cat
- To grin like a Cheshire Cat
- Better one cat tofay than no cats tomorrow. NEW
It All Adds Up