- "You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with strange cats." - Colonial proverb
- "In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats." - English proverb
- "Beware of people who dislike cats." - Irish proverb
- "An old cat will not learn how to dance." - Moroccan Proverb
- "After dark all cats are leopards." - Native American Proverb
- A cat may look at a king. - English Proverb
- Happy owner, happy cat. Indifferent owner, reclusive cat. - Chinese Proverb
- A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays. - English Proverb
- "Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb
- "The cat was created when the lion sneezed" - Arabian Proverb
- "Curiosity killed the cat, Satisfaction brought it back!" - English Proverb
- "Books and cats and fair-haired little girls make the best furnishing for a room" - French Proverb
- "I gave an order to a cat, and the cat gave it to its tail" - Chinese Proverb
- "Cats, flies and women are ever at their toilets" - French Proverb
- "The dog for the man, the cat for the woman" - English Proverb
- "Thou art the Great Cat, the avenger of the Gods, and the judge of words, and the president of the sovereign chiefs and the governor of the holy Circle; thou art indeed...the Great Cat." - Inscription on the Royal Tombs at Thebes
- "The cat who frightens the mice away is as good as the cat who eats them" - German proverb
- "A cat bitten once by a snake dreads even rope" - Arab Proverb
- "A cat may go to a monastery, but she still remains a cat" - Ethiopian proverb
- "Ye shall not possess any beast, my dear sisters, except only a cat." - The Ancren Riewle (Nun's Rule)
- "The cat is nature's Beauty." - French Proverb
- "When rats infest the Palace a lame cat is better than the swiftest horse." - Chinese Proverb
- All cats look gray in the dark.
- A cat has nine lives.
- When the cat is away the mice will play.
- The cat is honest when the meat is out of her reach.
- It takes a good many mice to kill a cat.
- A cornered cat becomes as fierce as a lion.
- If you don't feed the cats you must feed the rats.
- Wanton kittens make sober cats.
- The cat is a good friend but she scratches.
- A cat may look on a king.
- There are many ways of skinning a cat.
Cat Proverbs Page 2
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.