- Cat mighty dignified till the dog come by.
- They agree like cats and dogs.
- Don't trust the weak appearance of the wolf or the disappearance of the cat: they'll both make a come-back.
- Kick the cat out; she'll come back sure enough.
- A good cat deserves a good rat.
- By scratching and biting cat and dog come together.
- It is a bold mouse that makes her nest in the cat's ear.
- Young cats will mouse, young apes will louse.
- Don't buy a cat in a bag.
- Care killed the cat.
- The cat that catches nomice does not earn his keep.
- Curiosity killed the cat.
- But, satisfaction brought it back.
- A scalded cat dreads even cold water.
- Keep no more cats than will catch mice.
- At home an elephant, abroad a cat.
- When rats infest the Palace a lame cat is better than the swiftest horse. - Chinese Proverb
- He who plays with a cat must bear its scratches.
- When the cat and the calf play the fiddle, you are caught in the middle.
- Keep an eye on the cat and another on the frying pan.
- The cat in gloves catches no mice.
- The cat shuts his eyes while he steals the cream.
- The eye of the housewife makes the cat fat.
- The old cat refuses to admit that the face in the looking-glass is her own.
- If you give your milk to the cat you must drink water out of the sink.
- What joy fills the mouse when the cat is out of the house.
- When a weasel and a cat kiss, the future is not very bright.
- If you play with a cat, you must not mind her scratch.
- The widow gave orders to her cat and the cat gave them to its tail.
- When the cat sleeps the mice play.
- The cat loves fish, but she's loth to wet her feet.
- Lions are not terrified of cats.
- If the cat had wings she'd choke all the birds in the air.
Cat Proverbs 3
It All Adds Up
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.