Cat Quotes Page 11
- "Always the cat remains a little beyond the limits we try to set for him in our blind folly." - Andre Norton
- "A cat doesn't know what it wants and wants more of it." - Richard Hexem
- "For me, one of the pleasures of cats' company is their devotion to bodily comfort." - Sir Compton Mackenzie
- "It was not I who was teaching my cat to gather rosebuds, but she who was teaching me." - Irving Townsend
- "I saw the most beautiful cat today. It was sitting by the side of the road, its two front feet neatly and graciously together. Then it gravely swished around its tail to completely encircle itself. It was so fit and beautifully neat, that gesture, and so self-satisfied, so complacent." - Ann Morrow Lindbergher
- "If there was any petting to be done...he chose to do it. Often he would sit looking at me, and then, moved by a delicate affection, come and pull at my coat and sleeve until he could touch my face with his nose, and then go away contented." - Charles Dudley Warner
- "People who love cats have some of the biggest hearts around." - Susan Easterly
- "The cat does not offer services. The cat offers itself. Of course he wants care and shelter. You don't buy love for nothing. Like all pure creatures, cats are practical." - William S. Burroughs
- "Is it yet another survival of jungle instinct, this hiding away from prying eyes at important times? Or merely a gesture of independence, a challenge to man and his stupid ways?" - Michael Joseph
- "When your cat rubs the side of its face along your leg, it's affectionately marking you with its scent, identifying you as its private property, saying, in effect, 'You belong to me'." - Susan McDonough, D.M.V.
- "Cats do care. For example, they know instinctively what time we have to be at work in the morning; and they wake us up twenty minutes before the alarm goes off." - Michael Nelson
- "Although all cat games have their rules and rituals, these vary with the individual player. The cat, of course, never breaks a rule. If it does not follow precedent, that simply means it has created a new rule and it is up to you to learn it quickly if you want the game to continue." - Sidney Denham
- "A cat is never vulgar." - Carl Van Vechten
- "I rarely meddled in the cat's personal affairs and she rarely meddled in mine. Neither of us was foolish enough to attribute human emotions to our pets." - Kinky Friedman
- "Cats are dangerous companions for writers because cat watching is a near-perfect method of writing avoidance." - Dan Greenburg
- "Cats are successful underachievers. They only need to purr in order to get free food and TLC. What other creature can lay around the house doing nothing beyond purring, and still get free food and TLC?" - Jim Aites
- "Could the purr be anything but contemplative?" - Irving Townsend
- "Cat people are different to the extent that they generally are not conformists. How could they be with a cat running their lives?" - Louis J. Camuti, D.V.M.
- "Sleeping together is a euphemism for people, but tantamount to marriage with cats." - Marge Percy
- "Any conditioned cat-hater can be won over by any cat who chooses to make the effort." - Paul Corey
Cat Quotes Page 12
It All Adds Up
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.