Cat Quotes Page 6
- "If you are worthy of its affection, a cat will be your friend, but never your slave."- Theophile Gautier
- Cats are a mysterious kind of folk. There is more passing in their minds than we are aware of." - Sir Walter Scott
- "Cats are a tonic, they are a laugh, they are a cuddle, they are at least pretty just about all of the time and beautiful some of the time."- Roger Caras
- "Cats know how to obtain food without labor, shelter without confinement and love without penalties." - W. L. George
- "As anyone who has ever been around a cat for any length of time well knows, cats have enormous patience with the limitations of the human mind." - Cleveland Amory
- "The cat seldom interferes with other people's rights. His intelligence keeps him from doing many of the fool things that complicate life." - Carl Van Vechten
- "Even overweight, cats instinctively know the cardinal rule: when fat, arrange yourself in slim poses." - John Weitz
- "Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow." - Jeff Valdez
- "People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life." - Faith Resnick
- "There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats." - Anonymous
- "There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer
- "Managing senior programmers is like herding cats." - Dave Platt
- "Cats are glorious creatures ~ who must on no accounts be underestimated...
Their eyes are fathomless depths of cat-world mysteries.
- Lesley Anne Ivory (from Glorious Cats, The Paintings of Lesley Anne Ivory)
- "I put down my book, The Meaning of Zen, and see the cat smiling into her fur as she delicately combs it with her rough pink tongue.
Cat, I would lend you this book to study but it appears you have already read it.
She looks up and gives me her full gaze.
Don't be ridiculous, she purrs, I wrote it.
- from "Miao" by Dilys Laing
- "A cat sees us as the dogs...A cat sees himself as the human." - Unknown
- "Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a lot of ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia." - Joseph Wood Crutch
- "You can not look at a sleeping cat and feel tense." - Jane Pauley
Cat Quotes Page 7
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.